Work program details
The New Creswick exploration programme targets shallow bulk low grade and underground reef stratabound gold deposits hosted by the Dimock Main Shale (DMS).
Nature of office-based activities
- Historic research
- Geophysical interpretation
Nature of all on-ground exploration activities
- Field mapping
- Geochemical soil sampling
- Geophysical surveys (IP or EM) is warranted
The nature of all sub surface activities
- RC drilling
- Follow-up diamond drilling if successful and warranted
- Resource delineation drilling if successful and warranted
A description and nature of the targets that the program seeks to delineate
The primary target is the Dimocks Main Shale (DMS) that crosses the centre of the application area. The DMS hosts stratabound, gold-endowed quartz veins that were mined at Nerrina (Little Bendigo) and were the source of alluvial gold into the rich Eureka Lead (Ballarat to the south) and Berry Lead systems (Creswick to the north). Occasional shallow shafts delineate the position of the lead in the proposed EL but overall the Dimocks Main Shale had not received modern exploration.
- The DMS lies in the narrow central portion of the reef. Field mapping will be initially done to confirm the location of the DMS prior to follow up work.
- Additional field mapping will seek evidence for reefs in the surrounding forest.
- Geochemical and geophysical interpretation and surveying is required in areas of cover to evaluate the potential for buried reefs.
Proposed schedule for the exploration program
- Historic research: Concurrent with on ground activities.
- Field mapping: 2 months initiated as soon as the tenement is granted.
- Soil geochemical sampling (if necessary to assist with delineation of the path of the reefs). Concurrent with field mapping.
- Interpretation, review & in-house reporting: 1 month following the completion of field mapping.
- RC drilling: Following completion of the above steps, the process will commence 3 months after the grant of licence. Depending on target sites, either:
- Low Impact Exploration route, drill tendering, 7 day DSDBI notice & drilling as soon as the preferred drill company is available (season dependent, unlikely to drill during winter), OR
- If a Standard Work Plan is required, time to drilling will be dictated by the length of the approval process.
- Targets outside the initial focus area will be prospected through a similar process (field mapping, soil geochemistry, drilling) concurrent with or following the initial exploration.